If you can’t find the answer to your question use the XDA Q&A Thread or join us on Gitter to receive support. Don’t forget to add at least the Open GApps installer debug log and if experiencing Force Closures also include a logcat. Firmware is also a type of software, it helps the computer hardware to run any applications. Fastboot Mode is separate from the operating system and offers many useful options such as install Stock ROM, install Custom ROM, TWRP etc.
- Of course it is safe for your device because we are providing official ROM files to download here.
- Therefore, all official firmwares/ROMs are free to download.
- There are many additional features in our application that will be useful to you, these are just a few of them.
- MIUI Global Stable, China Beta, Other Regions (Turkey, Indonesia, EEA etc.) In short, region or version doesn’t matter.
- Anywhere from 25GB-100GB will result in very noticeably increased build speeds
With Fastboot tool, you can modify reflashing partition and image zip files, recovery, and updates from a computer using a USB connection. If you haven’t received the OTA update yet on your device, you can check for the OTA updates manually from your device. If not available then manually download and install the update file from below.
- This is low-level software that controls the device’s basic functions, such as its buttons, display, and connectivity.
- Download either the fastboot or recovery firmware from the link(s) below and follow the recommended flashing instructions immediately after the download options.
- As soon as the tool is launched, it should prompt you to install the USB drivers or just click the ‘Driver’ option in the Mi Flash Tool’s interface.
- Xiaomi comes in an installer package where you need installing the program on the
- Unlike a Recovery ROM, installing a Fastboot ROM requires your device to have an unlocked bootloader.
It packs 2GB/3GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB of internal storage options. While the storage is expandable up to 256GB via a MicroSD card. All thanks to Xiaomi Flash development and free distribution go to Xiaomi Inc. So taking the chance here to add sincere thanks, we could expect more stable and extended tool support in the times ahead.
MIUI Global Stable, China Beta, Other Regions (Turkey, Indonesia, EEA etc.) In short, region or version doesn’t matter. You have option of Fastboot ROM or Recovery ROM, you can even go to the oldest versions. Just search, they are all available in our application. So, you can update your Xiaomi phone to the firmware version you want. Open the app, choose your device, choose the stable ROM, and then choose the region you want to download.
If you’re only building for one device, 25GB-50GB is fine. If you plan to build for several devices that do not share the same kernel source, aim for 75GB-100GB. This space will be permanently occupied on your drive, so take this into consideration.